1. How unique is my case? How many procedures or replacements similar to mine has Dr. Pardino performed? What was the typical outcome? All medical cases are unique, and your recovery will depend on a large number of different factors – and you’ll be relieved to know Dr. Pardino has faced them all.
2. What potential complications should I be aware of? No matter how routine a surgical procedure is, complications are always a possibility. From the moment he meets you, expect Dr. Pardino to be candid about your understanding of the procedure, and every risk that’s involved.
3. Will I need to stay in the hospital? If so, for how long? In some cases, for instance, a shoulder replacement procedure may be performed on an outpatient basis. However, the typical hospital stay varies from none to a couple of days, depending on what procedure Dr. Pardino is doing
4. What therapies will I need after surgery? Rehabilitative physical therapy is a major factor in all recovery, and Dr. Pardino and his staff will be thorough in what you can expect in the days and months following your procedure.
5. Is surgery my only option? Perhaps you would prefer to avoid surgery. Depending on your specific situation, there may be nonsurgical alternative treatments available. Dr. Pardino believes that surgery is always the last option, and he’ll be the first to advise you of all non-surgical alternatives.
Most of all, relax. You’ll find Dr. Pardino to be warm, understanding and approachable, which is why so much of his business is referral based – and most of his former patients don’t just call him ‘doctor.’
They also call him ‘friend.’